Friday, September 9, 2016

Dancer Pays Tribute to Friend who Died at Pulse

The Central Florida Ballet will commemorate the 15th Anniversary attack on the World Trade Center with its stirring performance "9/11 An American Moment” to be held at Northland, A Church Distributed this Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 2:00pm.

David William Scott will be a featured performer and sat down to share his thoughts on the production - and the personal impact of the Pulse attack in Orlando.

 
Where were you when you heard about the 9/11 attack?
I was in school in between two classes. They made an announcement that school was cancelled for the rest of the day and to go straight home.

What does dancing in this tribute performance mean to you?
It's a honor to be asked to perform in this show. I previously had been living in NYC that summer and I knew a couple of friends who had lost a loved one. I always dedicate my performance to them.

In the performance, you will be dancing a pas de deux titled "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. It's a very emotional piece with lots of lifts. What do you think about when you perform the piece? How do you connect with your partner emotionally?
Jenna is a beautiful dancer and I feel as if we have a great chemistry together. As I perform this piece I try to emote the beauty and emotion this piece requires. It is a little difficult with all of the lifts but Jenna is great and is very dedicated.

Do you know anyone affected by the Pulse attack? If so, tell us more.
I lost a very dear friend in the Pulse attack: Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado ❤️. He was an amazing dancer, father and most of all friend . I've been to the nightclub on numerous times growing up. It was very hard for me when I first found out because I was supposed to be there that night but decided I should stay in instead. It has made me a stronger person and reminds me to tell my friends and family how much I love them everyday. 


Pictured: Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, a victim of the Pulse attack.

Have you been to New York and if so, what is your most memorable experience there?
I had the opportunity to dance with the School of American Ballet for their year-long program. I absolutely loved it. My most memorable experience was being asked to do a dance photo shoot in Central Park!

Do you have any pre-performance rituals and how do you prepare?
I always review my choreography before I go out and dedicate my performance to someone (usually my mom!)

Anything special we should know about your performance on Sunday?
It's hard to believe that it's been 15 years since this has happened. I am so thankful for the opportunity to perform and this performance will be dedicated to those who have lost a loved one at Pulse.

Pictured: David William Scott


To purchase tickets for the 9/11 Tribute Performance visit: http://www.myboxoffice.us/program/911-an-american-moment-784 or call the Central Florida Ballet at 407-849-9948 ext 10

Use code: northland for 50% off your ticket order (valid for tickets up to $30)


No comments:

Post a Comment