Thursday, September 8, 2016

Israel Rodriguez Talks 9/11 and Upcoming Tribute Performance

The Central Florida Ballet will commemorate the 15th Anniversary attack on the World Trade Center with its stirring performance "9/11 An American Moment” to be held at Northland, A Church Distributed this Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 2:00pm.

Audience favorite, Israel Rodriguez, will be a featured performer and sat down to share his thoughts on the production.

Where were you when you heard about the 9/11 attack?
I was in my apartment when my wife, Katia Garza, woke me up. At that point we thought it was just a fatal airplane accident.

What does dancing in this tribute performance mean to you?
It does mean a lot to me. I can't imagine what those families go through every year at this time. I wish I could do more. It is an honor to be part of this tribute to them.

In the performance, you will be dancing a solo titled "That's Life" sung by Frank Sinatra. It's a very New York piece. Who choreographed the piece and what is the inspiration behind the choreography?

The choreographer is the talented Terrance Henderson. We all know we live in a life full of “ups and down”. When I dance this piece, I don't think only of my own "ups and downs" I have gone through but also my friend's and family's. That is my inspiration!!

Have you been to New York and if so, what is your most memorable experience there?
Yes I have and I love New York. I remember one day I was running late for an audition for the “Dirty Dancing“ Broadway show. Then I got there and they told me I had to sing to get the part Haa! and nope I cannot sing to save my life.

What NY tourist spot would you recommend to visit?
I would say all of them but I would recommend the New York Public Library.


Pictured: The New York Public Library

Do you have any pre-performance rituals and how do you prepare?
I always thank God for the opportunity given and then pray for my and everyone's health and success on the show then, I listen to music.

The way I prepare may be a bit different. Besides my daily classes and rehearsals, I practice and train a lot of Martial arts, boxing and running like if I will fight for a title :)

Anything special we should know about your performance on Sunday?
We all will be dancing from our heart. We will be celebrating the life of those who left us, we will dance for Orlando.

To purchase tickets for the performance visit: http://www.myboxoffice.us/program/911-an-american-moment-784 or call the Central Florida Ballet at 407-849-9948 ext 10

Use code: northland for 50% off your ticket order (valid for tickets up to $30 and expires 9.9.2016)



No comments:

Post a Comment